Koch Companies Awards and Recognition
From January 2009 to present, Koch companies around the globe have earned 574 awards for safety, environmental excellence, community stewardship, innovation, and customer service.
Accomplishments include operating safely and in ways that reduce energy use and conserve natural resources:
“Koch Industries is one of the most diverse companies in the world, with an array of operational challenges. From ranching to refining, each day employees apply a steadfast commitment to operate safely, remain compliant, improve environmental performance and meet customers’ needs. It’s easy to say you are committed to excellence, but the facts demonstrate our employees have many accomplishments they can be proud of when it comes to performance.” Jim Mahoney, executive vice president for operations excellence and compliance.
A complete list of accomplishments is here.
- Georgia-Pacific received the Leaders in Sustainability energy efficiency award from the American Forest & Paper Association for its comprehensive energy management program at its manufacturing facilities. The program has achieved long-term and sustainable reduction of energy intensity in manufacturing.
- Koch Pipeline Company, L.P. received the Distinguished Award for Outstanding Safety and Environmental Performance from the American Petroleum Institute in 2011 and 2012. The award is the organization’s highest award. It also received API’s Environmental Performance Award in 2012.
- Habitat conservation and environmental education programs at Flint Hills Resources (Rosemount, Minn.- Wildlife at Work) and INVISTA (Victoria, Texas – Corporate Lands for Learning) sites have received recertification from Wildlife Habitat Council. Certification requires demonstrated and continued commitment to environmental stewardship and education.
- Land stewardship practices at Matador Ranch, in West Texas, have been honored with a regional Environmental Stewardship Award sponsored by the Department of Agriculture’s Natural Resources Conservation Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife, Dow AgroSciences, National Cattlemen’s Foundation and National Cattlemen’s Beef Association.
- Koch Industries' conservation program at its Wichita, Kan., headquarters has resulted in a reduction in water use and community air emissions, as well as increased recycling. The company received the Clean Air and Sustainability Award from the City of Wichita for its stewardship efforts.
- Flint Hills Resources’ Rosemount, Minn., refinery received the Award of Honor from the Minnesota Safety Council for the fourth consecutive year in 2011. The company’s terminals group received the Safety Excellence Award from the International Liquid Terminals Association.
- INVISTA was one of three companies to receive the Grand Slam Award, the highest safety award given by the Association of American Railroads for safe shipping practices. The company’s safety record was also recognized with awards from Canadian National Railroad, Norfolk Southern Corporation, Union Pacific and CSX Transportation.
- Koch Industries was honored with the Corporate Excellence Award from American Red Cross for its long-standing commitment to the organization’s humanitarian mission.